Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Monday, February 25, 2008

FINALLY!!!

Well, after 2 1/2 weeks, I'm FINALLY up and posting again. Since my last post everything has been turned upside down and totally chaotic. We finally got moved into the new house as of the day of my last post and are slowly getting settled. I had forgotten how easy the packing was and how hard the unpacking would be. Well, it's not THAT hard but trying to find the right place to put certain things is time consuming. Reid and Lily are adjusting just fine and are enjoying the "new" house. Reid loves riding his "tractor" and/or "4-wheeler" around the backyard so much that it's the first thing he wants to do when he wakes up in the morning. The cutest thing though is that every night before bed he goes outside to kiss it night-night. He is so precious!

We have a contract on our old house and are closing on it this Friday... Yea!!! God is SO good! It seems that in those moments of doubt and despair HE ALWAYS shows us that HE is in control. As happy as I am in this new house, I am also sad to leave the house that we called "home" for 5 years. All of the memories came back to me as I moved the last few boxes yesterday. I remembered first moving in when Hamp & I had been married almost 1 year. We actually closed on that house on Valentine's Day 5 years ago. I'll never forget bringing both of my babies home from the hospital and that feeling of SECURITY that I felt in that house. I remember distinctly when we brought Lily home from the hospital...as we pulled into the driveway "Amazing Grace" by Chris Tomlin was playing on the radio and I broke into tears. That song was SO fitting for us and that very moment! I'll never forget it. I'm sad that I won't get to see Reid ride his tractor in circles in the cul-de-sac or watch Lily take her first steps in that house like Reid did, but at the same time I am happy to be in a bigger house with a bigger back yard for the kids to run around and play in. We have been SO blessed!!

Our old house



I'll post pics of the new house later this week.

4 comments:

The Fab Five said...

I hope to see you this Saturday AND next Thursday! I will call you

Breisch and Angie Stallings said...

Man, that is sad to think about, but I am glad you guys found a buyer and I am glad you are in a bigger house. Know that I will be thinking about you guys! Love, Gee Gee

Breisch and Angie Stallings said...

The old house if History... We need pictures of the NEW HOUSE!

The Fab Five said...

OKay girly!!! New pics pleeeease!!