Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Sunday, February 3, 2008

Where do the weekends go?

Well, it's Sunday and I'm dreading going to work tomorrow. It has been a very busy weekend. Busy and productive!! Yesterday Hamp tested his carpentry skills by fixing the wood floors in the den. He had to cut a few boards for them to fit...see picture below. I painted from 10 to 8 only stopping when my mother-in-law came by with a friend to see the progress. In that amount of time, I was able to get a coat of primer and 1 coat of paint on the entire master bath. Needless to say that I CRASHED when I got home but didn't sleep well b/c my knees ached so much from squatting and climbing. Today, we were able to get a second coat of paint on the walls and then clean a little since we're moving this next weekend. And I haven't even started packing!!!



Reid is ready to "move into new house" as he calls it. We took his tractor to the other house Saturday so he could ride it in the back yard, now that it's fenced in. He had the best time riding through the mud until he would get stuck. Then he would come in a help me paint. He wanted to paint so badly but I don't think paint and an almost 3 year old go together very well unless there's a huge drop cloth and plastic all over the walls. So I gave him a clean brush and let him pretend that he was painting. I was able to get a few good pics of him working hard. Lily, being so laid back, also had fun playing and rolling on the floor and swinging in her swing. She is such a sweetheart...I could just eat her up!!







Reid just came in with self-drawn tattoos all over his stomach and feet. He is definitely our little "Denise the Menace". He is constantly getting into EVERYTHING and always asking question after question. We have to be very careful what we say around him because he picks up on things so quickly. It's amazing how his little mind absorbs everything like a sponge.

3 comments:

The Fab Five said...

LOOK!! the pictures make me excited about what's to come!! From what I can tell the kitchen is awesome. The new knobs look great and the paint colors are great! Post more!
Oh and of course the kids are adorable :)
I changed my background and I promise to leave this one for a bit

Breisch and Angie Stallings said...

Hey, I love the different greens. Which green are you going to use. I think you should go bright. You are young and have your entire life to be safe when you turn 50 or so. Have fun with your new house and do not be afraid to use color. I am only telling you that because it was just told to me by a friend. It made so much since to me.

Reid looks so cute painting. How is Lily? I hope she is feeling better!

The Fab Five said...

ha ha and i'm going safe with the neutral green.. i may rethink it!