Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Thursday, October 14, 2010

10 Hours to Go

It's 2:15 am and in less than 10 hours I'll meet my precious baby girl. I woke up so I could eat one last meal before surgery tomorrow. As I was eating, I realized that would be the last time that my baby girl would be nourished by my body. I'm so ready to see her but I can't help being overwhelmed with sadness right now. In less than 10 hours, she'll no longer be physically connected to me...instead, I'll be holding her in my arms. Fear of the unknown is settling in and I'm fighting all of those negative thoughts that come along with it. I pray that God will wipe all of the fear and negativity away and replace them with excitement, courage, strength, comfort and peace that passes ALL understanding.

"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go."
Joshua 1:9


Today I had my last doctor's appointment and one last sonogram before Layne's arrival. She was still breach but had flipped over to the opposite side. This is something she's been doing for weeks now! As I thought about it, that's exactly what I do all night long when I'm sleeping...flip from right side to left side! Dr. Gebhart has been such a wonderful blessing through this journey. His compassion and strong faith in God have comforted me in so many ways and I am so thankful that God led me to him 9 months ago. After my doctor's appointment, I met a very special friend of mine for lunch. Julie and I met by email 2 days after we found out Layne's diagnosis of Trisomy 18. Julie's beautiful little girl, Magdalena, was born with T18 2 years ago and lived 167 days! Their story touched my heart and I felt an instant connection with Julie. I have enjoyed meeting with her once a week for coffee or lunch and just talking. God brought our paths together for a reason and I am so grateful. After lunch with Julie, I met my sister, Sydney, for some light shopping and then for manicures & pedicures. It was SO relaxing and much needed. I am so thankful she drove here early from Tupelo so we could spend some time together before the BIG day.

Well, it's now 3 am and I need to get some sleep to be rested for Layne's birthday :)
I will have someone post updates and pictures soon.

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4 6-7


"My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness."
2 Corinthians 12:9

1 comment:

Boomer, Sabrina and Grant said...

Christina,
I am so sorry to hear about what is going on with your precious one. I know that this is going to be a difficult time but the Lord does work in mysterious ways. Please let me know if you need absolutely anything! I love you all and am praying every day for you.